What belongs in a bike bag?
Here you will find useful tips for handling your VAUDE products and instructions for handling as well as background information.
We are proud of our products. They are made with passion and from high-quality materials. Nevertheless, or precisely because of this, our products also need appropriate care in order to function optimally in the long term.
If your bike bag gets wet, you should dry it well, otherwise mildew and mold stains can form. To dry, hang it in a well-ventilated area.
Stains and dirt are best removed with a damp sponge. In case of very heavy soiling, the wheel bag can also be cleaned under running water. When doing so, you should make sure that metal parts are removed if possible, otherwise rust stains can form. Do not put wheel bags in the dry cleaner or washing machine!
There is a legal warranty period of two years on all VAUDE products. For all products "Made in Germany" we have even extended this to five years.
Repair instead of throwing away
If something should break on your bike bag, you can often take action yourself. For this reason, we have compiled a separate page for you in our sustainability report. Here you can also find short ifixit repair videos on many topics.
To give you a practical insight into how different bags can be mounted on the bike and what variations are possible, we have put together video tutorials for you. Have fun watching them.
You can find more videos on the VAUDE YouTube channel.
Basically, the following applies to luggage for longer tours: "Less is more", i.e. you should think carefully in advance about what you really need. The bags should not be stuffed to the brim. Space is important, e.g. to be able to quickly stow away clothes in changing weather or if you want to take something with you on the way. The luggage is placed according to weight and current use. Consideration should be given to the impact on handling when loaded.
- A test ride in advance, in a loaded state on similar terrain, will immediately show you where adjustments are still needed.
- What you really need for your next bike trip? You'll find all the important information on the VAUDE checklist.
- Two separate rear bags
- Handlebar or saddle bag and pannier in the front
- Air pump
- Water bottle and holder
- Possibly GPS receiver
Hygiene and health
- First aid kit and first aid kit
- Toiletry bag and personal hygiene items
- Microfiber towel
- insect repellent
- Wound and sports ointment
- toilet paper
- Cycling shoes
- Cycling socks
- Short cycling shorts
- Long pants or leg warmers
- Arm warmers
- Rain pants
- Rain jacket or rainproof windbreaker
- Helmet or Buff
- Travel clothes for leisure time
- Possibly cycling shoes and overshoes
Camping & cooking equipment
- Sleeping bag
- Camping mat
- Repair kit for the tent
- Stove and fuel
- Crockery and cutlery
- Cup, plates, pots
- Spices, salt, pepper
- Foldable water canister
- Water filter
- Dish towel
- Washing up liquid and sponge
Tools and spare parts
- Repair kit
- First hose
- Tire glue
- Fabric tape
- Foldable spare tire
- Chain rivet and spoke wrench
- Suitable open-end and box spanners
- Spare bolts
- Spare spoke
- Spare brake and gear cables
- Spare brake hook
- Spare chain link
- Sunglasses and case
- Pocket knife
- Detergent and clothesline
- Camera and batteries
- Identity cards and cash
- Cell phone incl. emergency numbers
- Plastic / garbage bags
Packing example bike trip
Packing example working day
Aqua Back carrying options
Aqua Back is a rear pannier made of PVC-free tarpaulin material that makes cyclists' hearts beat faster. The bag offers six different carrying and packing options for different requirements. Depending on which size you just need, the bag can be quickly adjusted to the individual size by means of a wrap closure - of course, always absolutely waterproof.
- The shoulder strap is removable or can also be used as a tension belt.
- For clarity provides a simple inner pocket.
- The bike bag is mounted with the help of the easily adjustable QMR 2.0 (Quick Mount Release) fastening system on the
luggage carrier, is adjustable via easy-to-use hand wheels and can be removed quickly and easily.
- With a mini lock, the bag can be locked directly to the QMR hook and thus protected against theft
. Reflective elements also ensure good visibility in road traffic.