General Terms and Conditions and Cancellation Policy VAUDE Sport GmbH & Co. KG - Onlinestore (Status: October 2023)
§ 1 Applicability
The business relationship between VAUDE Sport GmbH & Co. KG and the customer shall be governed exclusively by the following General Terms and Conditions. They shall only apply to orders concluded by consumers within the meaning of § 13 of the German Civil Code (BGB).
§ 2 Conclusion of contract
- The Internet pages of VAUDE Sport GmbH & Co. KG shall merely constitute a sales prospectus. By presenting the products on the Internet pages, VAUDE GmbH & Co. KG merely invites the customer to submit offers (orders). The order confirmation then transmitted by e-mail shall not yet lead to a purchase contract.
- A purchase contract shall only be concluded upon dispatch of our order confirmation within 1 day of receipt of the order or, at the latest, upon delivery of the goods, which shall then constitute acceptance of the declaration on the part of VAUDE Sport GmbH & Co. KG.
- When ordering via our online shop, the ordering process comprises a total of 4 steps. In the first step, you select the desired goods. In the second step, you enter your customer data including the billing address and, if applicable, a different delivery address. In the third step, you choose how you would like to pay. In the last step, you have the opportunity to check all details (e.g. name, address, payment method, ordered items) once again and correct them if necessary before you send your order to us by clicking on "send order subject to payment".
- Goods shall only be handed over in quantities customary for households. VAUDE Sport GmbH & Co. KG does not accept orders from customers who have not yet reached the age of 18.
§ 3 Right of withdrawal
- Consumers have a fourteen-day right of withdrawal.
Right of withdrawal:
You have the right to cancel this contract within fourteen days without giving any reason. The revocation period is fourteen days from the day on which you or a third party named by you, who is not the carrier, have taken or has taken possession of the last goods. To exercise your right of cancellation, you must inform us (VAUDE Sport GmbH & Co. KG, VAUDE-Str. 2, 88069 Tettnang, firstname.lastname@example.org, Tel.: +497542-5306-777) of your decision to revoke this contract by means of a clear declaration (e.g. a letter or e-mail sent by post). You can use the enclosed model withdrawal form for this purpose, which is, however, not mandatory. To comply with the withdrawal period, it is sufficient that you send the notification of the exercise of the right of withdrawal before the expiry of the withdrawal period.
Consequences of cancellation:
If you withdraw from this contract, we must repay you all payments that we have received from you, including the delivery costs (with the exception of the additional costs resulting from the fact that you have chosen a type of delivery other than the cheapest standard delivery offered by us), without delay and at the latest within fourteen days from the day on which we received the notification of your withdrawal from this contract. For this repayment, we will use the same means of payment that you used for the original transaction, unless expressly agreed otherwise with you; in no case will you be charged for this repayment. We may refuse repayment until we have received the goods back or until you have provided proof that you have returned the goods, whichever is the earlier. You must return or hand over the goods to us without delay and in any case no later than fourteen days from the day on which you notified us of the cancellation of this contract. The deadline is met if you send the goods before the expiry of the period of fourteen days. You shall bear the direct costs of returning the goods. You will only have to pay for any loss in value of the goods if this loss in value is due to handling of the goods that is not necessary for checking the condition, properties and functioning of the goods.
Sample cancellation form
(If you wish to cancel the contract, please complete and return this form).
To VAUDE Sport GmbH & Co. KG, Kumko Lager, Stengerstr. 9, 63741 Aschaffenburg, email@example.com
I/we (*) hereby revoke the contract concluded by me/us (*) for the purchase of the following goods (*) /
- Ordered on (*) /received on (*)
- Name of consumer(s)
- Address of consumer(s)
- Signature of consumer(s) (only in case of paper communication)
(*) Delete as applicable
- The right of withdrawal does not apply to the delivery of goods that are not prefabricated and for the manufacture of which an individual selection or determination by the consumer is decisive or which are clearly tailored to the personal needs of the consumer, which are not suitable for return for reasons of health protection or hygiene if their seal has been removed after delivery.
§ 4 Extended contractual right of return
- Consumers may additionally and independently of their statutory right of cancellation return the goods within the period from the 15th to the 21st day after receipt by returning them to the supplier commissioned by us to deliver the goods. The prerequisite is that a statutory right of cancellation exists for the respective items and that these are in an unused and undamaged condition.
- The goods shall be returned at the customer's expense and risk.
- If the customer makes use of his right of return in accordance with Clause V.1 of these GTC, we shall refund the customer the purchase price already paid for the returned goods. Shipping costs paid by the customer will not be refunded. Returns from Switzerland: If the customer receives a shipping label from VAUDE, the costs will be deducted upon receipt of the credit note.
- The above provisions shall not affect the statutory rights of the customer, in particular his statutory right of cancellation in accordance with Section IV of these GTC and any claims for defect
§ 5 Delivery
- Unless otherwise agreed, delivery shall be made by VAUDE Sport GmbH & Co. KG to the delivery address specified by the buyer at the buyer's expense. However, the transfer of risk shall not occur until the goods are handed over to the customer. Delivery shall only be made within Germany, Austria, France, the Netherlands, Belgium and Switzerland. The delivery is carried out by the logistics service provider 004 GmbH.
- The delivery time is 2-5 days depending on the country of delivery. If VAUDE Sport GmbH & Co. KG discovers during the processing of your order that the products you ordered are not available, you will be informed separately by e-mail. A contract for the unavailable goods will not be concluded.
§ 6 Prices and shipping costs
- All prices stated on the Seller's Internet pages are inclusive of the statutory value added tax applicable at the time.
- The seller shall inform the customer of the respective shipping costs on the Internet pages. The buyer shall bear these costs. As can be seen from § 3 in the context of the cancellation policy, the customer shall also bear the direct costs of returning the goods in the event of a cancellation.
§ 7 Warranty and guarantees
- The consumer is entitled to a warranty for defects in the purchased goods in accordance with the statutory provisions of §§ 437 ff. BGB. In particular, the customer may demand subsequent performance (new delivery or rectification of defects). VAUDE GmbH & Co. KG shall, however, be entitled to refer the customer to a new delivery if the removal of defects would involve disproportionate effort. Warranty claims shall expire two years after delivery of the goods. If a defect occurs within the two-year limitation period, the limitation period shall not start to run before four months have elapsed after the defect first became apparent. The buyer should assert his warranty claims by stating the order number, his name and address and briefly stating the reasons. At the request of VAUDE GmbH & Co. KG, shall send the defective goods for inspection at the expense and risk of VAUDE GmbH & Co. KG to the following address:
VAUDE GmbH & Co. KG
- Information on any additional warranties that may apply and their precise can be found with the product and on special information pages in the online shop.
§ 8 Payment modalities
VAUDE Sport GmbH & Co. KG accepts the indicated payment methods during the ordering process, such as payment by credit card (Mastercard and Visa), payment by invoice (Klarna), payment by Paypal or payment by Apple Pay. In France, the payment method Carte Bancaires, in Austria EPS, in the Netherlands iDeal, in Belgium Bancontact and in Switzerland Twint are also offered.
During the ordering process, VAUDE GmbH & Co. KG carries out an automatic credit check of the customer by means of an enquiry with a credit agency (e.g. SCHUFA Holding AG) if there is a legitimate interest. This credit check determines which payment methods are offered to the customer in the specific case. In the case of payment by invoice, the amount must be paid within 30 days of receipt of the invoice.
§ 9 Retention of title
The delivered goods shall remain the property of VAUDE GmbH & Co. KG.
§ 10 Offsetting, retention
The customer shall only be entitled to set-off if his counterclaims are undisputed or have been legally established or if the claims set off originate from the same contractual relationship.
§ 11 Data protection
The personal data of the customer that becomes known to VAUDE GmbH & Co. KG in the course of a business relationship shall be stored and, if necessary, passed on to affiliated companies for the purpose of order processing. All data will of course be treated confidentially. The data will be collected, stored and used by us in accordance with the applicable data protection regulations of VAUDE GmbH & Co. KG in accordance with the applicable data protection regulations. These data regulations are available here in printable form:
§ 12 Storage of the order text
The contract text is stored on our internal systems. The order data and the GTC will be sent to you by e-mail. You can view the General Terms and Conditions applicable to your order at any time on AGB (vaude.com). After completion of the order, your order data is no longer accessible via the Internet for security reasons.
§ 13 Online dispute resolution and consumer arbitration
- online dispute resolution pursuant to Art. 14 (1) ODR Regulation: The European Commission provides a platform for online dispute resolution (OS), which can be found at http://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr/.
- VAUDE GmbH & CO. KG is generally not willing and obliged to participate in dispute resolution proceedings before a consumer arbitration board within the framework of the VSBG.
§ 14 Final provisions
All contracts between VAUDE GmbH & Co. KG and the customer shall be governed by the laws of the Federal Republic of Germany, excluding the UN Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods. This choice of law shall only apply to the extent that it does not deprive the consumer of mandatory applicable consumer protection provisions of the state in which the consumer has his habitual residence at the time of his order.
§ 15 Provider of the website
The website offered under the domain www.vaude.com is operated by
VAUDE GmbH & CO. KG
VAUDE Sport Verwaltungs-GmbH (AG Ulm, HRB 631715, HRA 631071) and Gertrud Schmohl
These represented by: Antje von Dewitz
Register Court: Local Court Ulm, HRB 631715, HRA 631071